View Single Post
Old 08-06-2017, 09:18 AM   #14
Lovetodream88
Yorkie mom of 4
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyjane View Post
You need to stop believing people who are not qualified to speak about nutrition in dogs. Most of this rumor about dog foods I believe started with that guy who calls himself an advisor on dog foods. He is a human dentist.....and his focus is on ingredients...nothing about animal nutritional needs OR about quality control. I have seen SO many of his five star foods on recall lists!! You have been, in my opinion, brainwashed ... as have MANY people. I have had people send me PMs telling me they changed their foods to Hill's or other foods that have this "bad rap" and telling me they won't post it publically. I find that tragic. Hill's spends a LOT of money on research and they test their foods....you don't see the recalls on their foods like you do the others who spend more money touting their superior ingredients! Some of those companies spend more money on advertising than on quality control...pretty scary.

This applies ESPECIALLY to the prescription foods. That anyone would be afraid of these foods infuriates me. I have cared for so many sickly pups over the years and have seen first hand the miracles from these prescription foods! I have used Hill's, Purina and Royal Canin RX foods with great results. I have some pups on RX foods now.

I don't add any foods to those foods ... they are all balanced to meet the needs of the dogs.

Focusing only on ingredients is not how you pick a good dog food. I have posted this link many times and am posting again. You can read the FAQs on this site and if you don't see an answer to a question you have, you can send it in and you will receive an answer. This comes from a vet nutritionist with qualifications that are so far beyond what all these online "experts" have! Take a look at it and read it!

www.petdiets.com

Take a look at Dr. Remillard's resume....

https://www.petdiets.com/userfiles/f...bbrev%20CV.pdf
Lovetodream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!