View Single Post
Old 08-04-2017, 08:06 AM   #15
Melimar
Yorkie Yakker

My Gizmo, who will soon be 7, has been diagonsed with a LP about 4 weeks ago.At that time the Vet(female) suggested "wait and see if it goes back into place on its own". Two days ago, I decided to take him for a second opinion since he didn't see to be getting better. That Vet(male) tweaked the area of the knee with his hands (turning, squeezing and pulling). He said Gizmo would need a more extensive exam, about $500. I took Gizmo home and now he is in worst shape then when I took him to the second Vet. Before that visit, Gizmo could walk on the leg and run. Now, he walks but lifts the leg at times. He's moping around the house. Not like himself at all. I think he misses our "fetch game, BIG TIME!" I did get pain meds and muscle relaxer for him. Tramadol and Rimadyl. To be given twice a day. Ugh...he hates when I put them in his throat, close his mouth and massage his throat to swallow them. I am going to wait because the second Vet also said, "Rest and no running or jumping. This may heal, work itself out, on it's own." As much as I am tempted to throw the ball for him...I must do what is best for him! I do massage the leg gently and stretch it slowly and gently too.
Melimar is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!