View Single Post
Old 07-23-2017, 06:54 AM   #3
James and Loki
Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayleighL View Post
You should make sure he is not having a urinary health issue that is causing he coincidentally with timing of the cleaning to start peeing inside.

If he has a crate or kennel, you might train him to sleep in there at night since dogs won't usually soil their crate. You could also create a small space for him with pet fencing right up against the doggy door so he has two choices, sleep or go out to pee. Put his bed or blanket in there. I would put something under this area that is moisture proof in case he has an accident there he isn't damaging the floor.

You could also put a training pad with an attractant in it out on the balcony to train him to go on that pad rather than just anywhere on the balcony. The attractant will help guide him. We use one by simple solutions and have a flexible silicone mat for it to keep it in place.

I would suggest rinsing the balcony with a dilution of baking soda to absorb/neutralize the odor of the cleaner you used.
He currently has a 5' x 5' play pen i put him in when I'm at work. He has his "car crate" (without the shutting gate) in the play pen. He loves that car crate and thinks it's his bed. I put water and a couple toys/bones in there and leave the radio on for him. At four months old he's recently able to hold his blatter and poop for the full 9 hours I'm gone. I did have him trained to sleep with me and use the dog door at night on his own if he had to urinate through out the night. The past two nights he's pee'd on the floor throughout the night. Last night he slept in his play pen with no peeing. I do like the idea of putting the pen right beside the door. Maybe I'll try that out.

Anyone else have other tips?
James and Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!