View Single Post
Old 07-19-2017, 04:50 PM   #29
4OC
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetodream88 View Post
The majority of vets are against raw food and I stand firm with and am a certified vet assistant. I think it's extremely offensive that you say most people against raw treat their dogs as trash cans because that is e trembly false! My older girl has IBD which is caused by food allergies and I tried every food with her even freeze dried raw. The prescription Royal Canin hypoallergenic food saved her life and fix the issues my dogs also get some fruits and veggies off and on. Pet dogs are extremely far from wild wolves and most stray dogs eat trash and left over food humans throw away. There have been several people who have said the therapy dog organization that is used does not allow raw fed dogs because what they shed and continue to hold onto like there mouths can be very dangerous for children, elderly and people with low immune systems. You obviously can't wash a dogs mouth every time they eat so they can very well walk around contaminating things. My personal favorite way to feed dogs is by homecooking with a supplement and I had tried that but my older girl never took to it and I had issues with finding a protein that did not make her sick. You say you won't feed your dogs anything that wasn't good for you so do you eat raw meat?
Don't really care what you think. I stand with the raw diet. I do clean my animals before we go out and that DOES include their mouths. I don't know if you even have yorkies or are just here to force your opinion on others. Yes I do eat some items raw and love it. It's called sushi. Just because a vet does not like something does not mean it is wrong or dangerous.
4OC is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!