View Single Post
Old 07-19-2017, 04:36 PM   #28
Lovetodream88
Yorkie mom of 4
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4OC View Post
It was my vet that gave me the raw diet. 3 of my animals are on raw and are also therapy animals. My animals Never get food that is not human quality. This is where most problems come from. Rule to live by is IF it is not good enough for me, it is not good enough for my furbabies. Most people who have problems with the raw diet think their animals are trash cans.
Also all you have to do is change the water bowl. Not brain surgeon skills. When have seen or heard of wild dogs or cats making a kill and then stopping to cook their food. These animals are some of the healthiest on the planet. No I am not talking about the wolves or big cats. I'm talking about regular dogs and cats surviving on the streets. Every city has many of them. They always eat raw. Dog/cat food is just a money grabber. BTW, my Yorkie died because of vet recommended food she told me Prince Charming had to have. It killed him in a matter of days. All that was wrong with him was ibd. She did lots of tests, xrays, ekg, and a $5,000 bill of many tests I had never heard of.
I am a Certified Medical Assistant. Have worked 30+ years in the medical field. I stand by the raw diet. I've also researched it and I love feeding it. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it but people do have to use common sense.
The majority of vets are against raw food and I stand firm with and am a certified vet assistant. I think it's extremely offensive that you say most people against raw treat their dogs as trash cans because that is e trembly false! My older girl has IBD which is caused by food allergies and I tried every food with her even freeze dried raw. The prescription Royal Canin hypoallergenic food saved her life and fix the issues my dogs also get some fruits and veggies off and on. Pet dogs are extremely far from wild wolves and most stray dogs eat trash and left over food humans throw away. There have been several people who have said the therapy dog organization that is used does not allow raw fed dogs because what they shed and continue to hold onto like there mouths can be very dangerous for children, elderly and people with low immune systems. You obviously can't wash a dogs mouth every time they eat so they can very well walk around contaminating things. My personal favorite way to feed dogs is by homecooking with a supplement and I had tried that but my older girl never took to it and I had issues with finding a protein that did not make her sick. You say you won't feed your dogs anything that wasn't good for you so do you eat raw meat?
Lovetodream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!