View Single Post
Old 07-19-2017, 09:00 AM   #26
Lovetodream88
Yorkie mom of 4
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4OC View Post
Mine are always on both canned and dry i/d. I will never give anything else except one raw chicken leg bone to each dog [cats get on section of chicken wing] once or twice a week depending on how the teeth look. There is NOTHING wrong with giving raw food to dogs/cats. Pet food has only been around since the 30's. You can go strictly raw but it does get a bit expensive.

For the dogs I have taken some of the meat off to use in a cookie mix for the furkids I give the same cookie to both the dogs and cats. They all love it.

Be aware that some of the "quality foods" are able to claim a higher level of protein because they add chicken feathers. I found some in some canned food and took the entire case to my vet. He put all of the dogs on I/d and that is the only food any of my animals ever get one cat has to have a bit of water mixed in with the canned food to make it a bit more tasty. He is a my 2nd cat likes a piece of pasta when I have some. He gets his completely plain. Once I forgot to keep any for him and he pulled one out of the pan, then refused to eat it until I washed all the nasty off. Once I did that, he ate it right away.

For you skeptics, I do have pictures of him eating his share of the pasta. Vet said one or two pieces will not hurt him. Just cook it completely done and give him his share first.
I'm not a huge fan of raw food especially after my vet assistant classes. After they eat the raw and then go to drink water it contaminates the water. It is also not recommended that dogs who are going to be around older people, elderly people and people with compromised immune systems eat raw. Therapy dogs are not allowed to be on raw diets. There are just a lot of issues with it in my opinion and having looked at the medical side. Generally dogs are on ID because of tummy issues so I would not suggest raw for dogs with stomach issues.
Lovetodream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!