View Single Post
Old 07-17-2017, 03:31 PM   #3
JB91
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Beware: Backyard puppy mill

I purchased a dog from Connie about five years ago. A cockapoo male. He was beautiful but we noticed he had a severe ear infection. It took years to finally clear up. It was oozing orange stuff and smelled horrendously. We were worried he would lose his hearing.
Almost as soon as he entered adulthood he began losing all his hair. He was itching and constantly bit and scratched himself until his skin was raw. It was horrific. We feared he had mange, turned out to be just a severe case of allergies. For years and years we've tried everything to help him bounced back, changed his food, all kinds of baths, creams and medicine. Every time it seemed he would bounce back his hair would fall out again.
About two weeks ago he was acting extremely strange, almost like he couldn't control himself. He was running into things. In a panic, he was taken to a hospital who analyzed him and said he had not one, but two very bad heart murmurs and that he didn't have much longer to live. It couldn't even be operated on. A few days later he dropped on the kitchen floor lifeless.
I remembered the breeder and always knew his allergies had to be a genetic defect. Cockapoos are known to be the best dog for both behavior and health. My cockapoo has never had any health issues.
I then decided to look Connie up and found all these horrible reviews. She has a history of horrible violations as a breeder in her state and God knows what else. Her operation is nothing more than a backyard puppy mill.
We loved our dog and it is such a shame that his life was cut extremely short at five years due to someone exploiting the dogs for their own personal financial gain. No dog should have to go through all that pain and suffering.
STAY AWAY FROM HER. She should be shut down along with any other irresponsible pet breeder!
JB91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!