Thread: I'm Back
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2017, 05:37 AM   #9
JadeD
YT 1000 Club Member

We picked up the new baby today. We plan to call her Raelyn. She is smaller than I was told, but that is okay. I was told she was 8 lbs. I will have to put her on a scale but she is smaller than Teek who weighs 7 lbs so I am suspecting she is 6 lbs. She is very sweet and my dogs accepted her instantly. She acts like she has always lived here.

She does have seizures and came with seizure medicine but has an appointment with my vet already and I have already talked to them about her. I think she is going to be a nice addition to the family and will have a place to live out all her remaining years.

She has never been on a leash and harness so I will have to work with her on that. Right now I have to take her out harnessed up and carry her out to where I want her to potty and then set her down. The other dogs walk. Then when she is done I have to pick her up and take her back in. I think some one on one time will be good and she will learn and then add in another dog with her and then be able to take all of them out after some practice with her. For now though this will work as this morning everyone had to pee so they all needed to go out. In the afternoons we go out in the fence but it is too wet in the morning to get back there.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!