View Single Post
Old 07-15-2017, 06:42 AM   #14
ladyjane
Resident Yorkie Nut Donating YT 20K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aweitzm1 View Post
I also give glucosamine in her food and as a supplement. I am hoping it helps. I have trouble with the weight as he just will not lose any no matter what I do.
I battled weight issues with two of my pups for years. They are brother and sister which is interesting....I wonder if it is genetic. Anyway....I have done various things. I did home cooking for them for some time and that worked, but I stopped it; and then, when they got back on dog food, they gained again. I then used Hill's Metabolic which worked well to get the weight down. I got comfortable again and stopped that....and sure enough, they gained again on dog food. FINALLY I hit the solution that has worked best. I stopped feeding them kibble...they are on strictly canned food which I weigh so they get the same amount each day. I really do believe it was the kibble that was the issue. I have others on kibble who don't gain like that...but these two pups were eating way less kibble than the others and still gaining. I am NOT changing every again....they are 10 years old now and doing terrific!
ladyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!