View Single Post
Old 07-12-2017, 07:55 PM   #1
3x1st3nc3
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default **Please Help - Anesthesia Reaction**

Hello -

I just joined this forum today due to my boy Titus experiencing an adverse anesthesia reaction while being neutered this morning. He is 6 1/2 mos. old, 4 1/2 lbs. He is now at an overnight ER vet because he cannot see, how much we don't know. The vet Dr. had to give him atropine to bring up his heart rate during surgery, but this vision problem remained.
From what I understand, the mixing of oxygen can be at fault, causing too much anesthesia be administered. The reaction can also be caused by a genetic predisposition / sensitivity toward certain anesthetics.
Titus came from highly reputable beeder and we don't believe he has health issues, even though that still could be the case. He was given pre-surgical blood work, which was normal. I truly hope vet negligence didn't play a part in this outcome.
Any information anyone would be willing to provide would be so very much appreciated, as I haven't found many references to something like this. BLM's experience with TOBY was similar, but there are no updates and I'm unable to pm BLM to ask how he's recovered.
No matter what happens, Titus will have every intervention possible to give him the best quality of life for as long as I am blessed to have him; he is my greatest joy and means more to me than I can ever say...
Titus was born on Christmas Eve 2016 and I lost my 9 year old son, Shane, to cancer on Christmas Eve 2001. They both are loved beyond measure.

Thank you, 3x1st3nc3 in Jacksonville, FL
3x1st3nc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!