View Single Post
Old 07-08-2017, 07:32 PM   #13
BayleighL
YT Addict

Default Free feed & fresh food

Quote:
Originally Posted by erodrig3 View Post
Thank you for the advice, we will be taking her to the vet in a few weeks for a shot and will have him check the mouth. We also grind her food and add water. I have changed her food but it looks like she eats it but then gets tired of it. It takes her all day to eat all her food and sometimes she just leaves some. Sometimes she eats it at midnight even though I feed her earlier in the day.

Our breeder and vet recommended we free-feed our pup. We put her food out in the morning and she eats when and if she wants. It has worked out well. So, I wouldn't worry if she eats variable amounts and at her own pace. Our breeder recently recommended we make bone broth with either a chicken or turkey carcass. You can cook it in the crockpot for 48 to 72 hours. I am going to freeze daily portions in ice cube trays and pour one over her food each day. We feed our pup fresh fruits and veggies from an approved yorkie list (there are somethings like grapes, raisins, garlic that yorkies should not have) but the breeder suggested making a daily "salad" with a variety that we have available to give her a boost in vitamins and minerals. Maybe some of these things would help.
BayleighL is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!