View Single Post
Old 07-08-2017, 06:32 PM   #12
erodrig3
Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by danniko View Post
I know this may be of little help but Sophie has appetite issues and we've never been able to diagnose the reason. Blood tests, urine tests, x-rays and an ultrasound. She also has bad teeth but due to some current issues, our vet can't put her under.

We have found that her favourite way to eat is if we take dry food, grind it into a power and add water to make what we refer to as "her gruel" and then mix in a little canned food or sprinkle with liver. We bought a coffee grinder just for her and do this every morning and she has been doing well and even gained some weight. Sometimes we will add cooked rice as well to it, but she usually doesn't need it because it can constipate her.

Hopefully you are able to figure out something for your little one, I'm always worried about Sophie's appetite.
Thank you for the advice, we will be taking her to the vet in a few weeks for a shot and will have him check the mouth. We also grind her food and add water. I have changed her food but it looks like she eats it but then gets tired of it. It takes her all day to eat all her food and sometimes she just leaves some. Sometimes she eats it at midnight even though I feed her earlier in the day.

Last edited by erodrig3; 07-08-2017 at 06:35 PM.
erodrig3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!