Thread: I'm Back
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2017, 05:12 PM   #1
4OC
Senior Yorkie Talker

Omg I'm Back

What a ride this past year has been. In March 2016 we had a flood and I was one of the 1000's that ended up in a shelter, then a motel, then with a couple of friends, finally in an apartment !!!! What an experience that was!!!!!!!!!! Had been in that neighborhood many times. Was never a problem. WELL...my door was kicked in, some man came to the door and said he was deputy and to let me in-- I almost opened the door but GOD stopped me. I called the police. The guy was gone. It only took a few seconds for the officers to arrive. The department has a lot of officers in that area. Should have been my first clue! Next there was an argument that threatened to get violent. Called the department to ask for a squad to just drive around the building. They did and stopped to make certain that I was alright. NEXT came the fist fight. Called the department to ask for an officer to drive past again. They did. NEXT night was the woman screaming. Called the department again. The officers came to my door to get the direction of the screaming. NEXT time I called the department because I was on the floor! Called the department again. Told dispatch I was on the floor. She promised to send an officer as soon as possible. I DON'T want to get off the floor. They are shooting. She told me to stay flat on the floor. Before she finished the statement, I saw those beautiful red and blue light bars coming past my apartment. I survived that night. GOT OUT OF THERE ASAP!!!!!!!!!
Had a wonderful bright spot in the neighborhood--the one officer. A Corporal. Was a very important part of my life and he still is in my heart. I pray for all my officers in our city and parish [county] every day many times a day. Every time I see a squad, I say a prayer for their safety. But the Corporal is still very important to me. When I was able to get out of that apartment, I had to move out of his patrol area so I don't get to see him anymore. But he is never far from my thoughts. He became like my grandson.
I have lost one of my cats but she is with a dear friend about 200 miles away. I am going to get a GSD [I think] for my service dog. My heart still belongs to my Prince Charming. He's at the Bridge since 2006. It seems like yesterday that he came into my life.
4OC is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!