View Single Post
Old 06-26-2017, 05:17 PM   #1
Mom2Ty
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Thoughts...maybe re-assurance?

Hi everyone!
I'm new here, and have only posted a couple of times before. In January, we adopted our little Ty from the SPCA. They think he's about 5 or so years old and was picked up as a stray, so we don't have any background on him.
We are still working on his anxiety/fears, and working with our vet have decided to try fluoxetine.
He has made such great strides since we got him. He didn't know how to play with toys, now he plays with many different types. He had trouble walking on leash, and have made strides with that as well.
While things have improved, we have come to the realization that we need something that will allow us to continue his behavior modification to reduce his anxiety and reactivity. I realize it will take awhile to build up in his system, but I'm willing to try if it affords him the opportunity to enjoy life without being anxious much of the time.
I've gone through and read many of the posts regarding meds and know there are differing opinions. If your dog is on fluoxetine (or other SSRI), would you share why they are on it? I would appreciate it very much.
Thank you!
Mom2Ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!