View Single Post
Old 06-26-2017, 01:48 PM   #17
matese
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

6 years old is an adult, but we are talking about a 6 year old rescue. A dog that will come into your home, everything will be new and strange to him, he will be weary of everything and everyone. He will need time to adjust, it could take him days or weeks to gain trust in his new family, surroundings, routine. Your daughter will have to be very gentle with him, she will have to speak in gentle tone/voice. I was very lucky with my 2 1/2 yo boy, he bonded with me immediately which I would say is very rare. Your rescue shelter can say he is child friendly but it also depends on the child". You have to understand, someone else raised him, you don't know what his life with the previous owner was like, you and your wife will be a new pet owner, so both you and the dog will be learning about each other, yorkies can be very crafty babies, that's why we love the breed lol. Adult dogs get sick too, not just puppies so having the finances for medical treatment is a must. We are all just trying to give you the "if's" so you are aware all responsibility will be yours and your wife's.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!