View Single Post
Old 06-20-2017, 04:19 PM   #1
Jvulpes
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Exclamation Swallowed rawhide

A while ago my yorkie had a rawhide bone. It was the kind that looked kind of like a dumbell, with the knots at the end. He chewed the thing so much that eventually those ends came undone, and I removed those from him and let him chew the rest. I think eventually he ended up swallowing the rest, and so I never let him chew the other parts. Fast forward to today, he's about 4 months old, and I was cleaning off my desk and one of the parts of the end knots rolled off. He immediately grabbed it and started running around and chewing, so I figured I'd just let him have it for a bit and then take it away. He chewed it so much that the knot rolled out and wasn't a circle anymore. Well as I was just about to turn around to him to take it, I heard him gulp and he started sniffing around trying to find more. I was scared because I didn't know if it would harm him or not, but I remembered the time he swallowed parts of the bone when he was way younger and was fine. Should he be fine now? He's acting normal currently, he only swallowed it about 20 minutes ago.
Jvulpes is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!