View Single Post
Old 06-19-2017, 08:52 PM   #1
myb888
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default question regarding collapse trachea

I have a 13 yr old lil girl who just been diagnosed with a collapse trachea. She has been coughing for about 1 month, and vet said its CT.
Now every where I read CT cough should sound like a goose seal honk, but hers just sound like a dry hacking cough, like she got something stuck in her throat. She cough usually when she's eating or drinking, and while she's resting on her bed. Now my question isn't the earliest sign of CT the honking cough should happen when the dog is panting / excited??

Vet said heart is good, no murmur, no sign of pneumonia, fluid in lung, etc. So vet advised me to get a HEPA filter and use eucalyptus oil with vapor steamer. I read some good review about eucalyptus oil though.

I know alot of you dealing with this horrible CT, so any of you use eucalyptus oil instead of the cough suppressant?

My gal also has an early stage of kidney failure, but she's doing well, I home cooked for her in the past 3 years, make sure she get all the fluids she need. So my vet and I personally mind those heavy effect of cough suppressant steroid etc on the kidney.

I know we are supposed to suppress the cough, but my vet said she's not so bad now, just the beginning stage of CT, so she advised I try eucalyptus oil first.

Any advice is appreciated. Thank you
myb888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!