View Single Post
Old 06-19-2017, 10:24 AM   #6
pstinard
YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiqy1988 View Post
Hello everyone!

I'm new to this thread but I've been reading this forum for months since I got my furbaby CELA. I got her when she was 6 months and she was diagnosed with coccidia before.

Anyways, she just turned 1 year old last 14th. I don't have any problems with her being hyperactive and she's a very, very smart one (easy to train).
My only problem is that I do not understand why she is a very picky eater. I used to give her royal canine, eukanuba and finally for acana. It was okanagan apple and lamb that she loves but then they changed a new formula of grass fed lamb. She has a habit of liking it at first but then refuses to eat and vomits yellowish substance which I believe happens everytime she refuses to eat.

She just loves eating apples, carrots, sweet potato, watermelon. Sometimes, I ask her is she is a bunny. Joking aside, I want to ask what is the best option for her kibbles. We went to the vet last month because she vomitted 4 times already. The vet gave her royal canine gastro and a medicine syrup for 7 days which I faithfully followed. After that, we switch back to acana and after 2 weeks she refuses to eat again.

In my attempt to spoil her, I searched up online about chicken broth mixed with her kibbles which I personally needed to cut in four since she hates to eat a whole sized kibble of acana. She eventually ate the whole plate for breakfast ONLY. After lunch and dinner she just likes the soup. I am frustrated and wanting to try table food but I believe it is a "no,no" for them.

I want to try orijen. I need help because I honestly don't know what to do with her. She is very hyperactive btw and refuses to eat. I tried to get her food after 30 mins of refusing to eat but then she starves herself and vomit.

Any suggestion/s would do as I am desperate.

Thanks so much!
I'll address a couple of things that haven't been addressed yet.

(1) The vomiting you are describing is probably due to an empty stomach, as you suspected. Our Bella has that issue too, but when she eats regularly, she does not vomit. We make sure to give her frequent small feedings throughout the day and just before bedtime. If Cela continues to vomit, you should consult with a vet.

(2) You are correct that human table food is a no-no. Some human foods (like grapes and onions) are toxic to dogs. Other foods are not nutritionally balanced for a dog.

(3) If you end up home cooking for your dog, be sure that it is balanced with an added nutrient blend that is specially designed for dogs. Wylie's Mom mentioned one brand in her post...
pstinard is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!