View Single Post
Old 06-15-2017, 04:20 PM   #1
erodrig3
Yorkie Yakker

Default Picky Eater does not gain weight

My Yorkie is very tiny, only weighs 2 pounds and 3 ounces. She has weighed as much as 2 lbs 7 or 8 ounces but lately she is down to 2.3 lbs. We are giving her the best food we can. It is soft food because she has lost lots of teeth even though she is only 4 years old. We do clean her teeth every day and the vet sees her every year. He says she is in good health but she is very skinny. We worry that she is not gaining any weight even though she eats the recommended portion 2.5 to 3 ounces of wet food daily. She is not consistent with a schedule for eating even though I have tried. I give her half in the am and usually she ends up eating it late afternoon. I immediately serve her the other half and sometimes she eats at night after we go to sleep. Should we be concerned? Otherwise she is in good health. When she doesn't eat during the day, we put a drop of Nutrical in her mouth so she doesn't get hypoglycemic. This usually opens her appetite and then she eats all her food. We worry all the time.

Join today and remove this ad!