View Single Post
Old 06-11-2017, 10:09 AM   #1
Doodlebug
♥Love My Puppies!♥
Donating Member

Default Catnip for dogs?

Tina has coughed up hairball a couple of times. The vet gave me a tube of stuff that cats take for hairballs. I did a search for dogs taking this stuff (it has a little catnip in it) and here is just one of the answers I got. Apparently it isn't harmful and seems to have some benefits. Tina has been coming to us and letting us pick her up and pet her after only 3 days. That is precious! I wonder why vets never tell us about this for dogs? Any thoughts?

Q:
Is catnip harmful to dogs?
A:
QUICK ANSWER
Not only is catnip not harmful to dogs, but most canines like it because it provides a number of benefits. Catnip contains minerals that are good for dogs, as well as essential oils that contribute to a healthy digestive system. CONTINUE READING

FULL ANSWER
While catnip acts as a stimulant for cats, it works in the opposite way for dogs, and it is occasionally used as a sedative for them. Catnip is also used to treat intestinal and stomach ailments that sometimes afflict dogs. It's good for relieving gas, and its antispasmodic properties help alleviate cramps and diarrhea. In addition, catnip contains a compound that can be an effective antiseptic when applied to a dog's cuts and scratches.

Sources: pets.thenest.com
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!