Thread: Underbite
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2017, 05:33 PM   #8
yorkietalkjilly
♥ Love My Tibbe! ♥
Donating Member

Had a poodle puppy I had checked very carefully for scissors bite, checked mom and dad, and within days of getting her home, she developed a gross-looking undershot jaw and I was sick, sick, sick. To me, there is nothing so unattractive in a fancy poodle with clean-shaven muzzle as a glaring undershot jaw. Ugh! I fretted and worried, talked to everybody, breeder would take her back - already bonded - not an option, thank you, but said be patient, she was carefully bred for total conformation in all points and no underbite had been in the line; and the vet said just wait and see, etc., yadayadayada, but I was sick, certain my beautiful, perfect poodle(she had wonderful poodle conformation otherwise) was spoiled for good with a major fault most poodle owners really detest in the breed! I spent a miserable few weeks, checking her bite constantly. I took photos to track her progression or any changes, for what reason I can't say. I was obsessed with that gorgeous dog's bad bite.

Thank goodness, her permanent teeth grew in a normal scissors bite and she was always beautiful and elegant, striking in appearance. But that poor girl was SO sick of me always fiddling with her mouth and, thankfully, her breeding held true.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!