View Single Post
Old 06-09-2017, 01:36 PM   #10
yorkietalkjilly
♥ Love My Tibbe! ♥
Donating Member

Oh no. Bless your poor heart. I am so sorry you lost your baby so suddenly like that. Is there no emergency vet clinic or hospital anywhere near you? If not, to me, it sounds very much like malpractice for your vet to leave his patients totally unprotected when he's not in the clinic or answering his phone. What in the world does he say you should do when you have an emergency and he's not available?????? Such indifference sounds like it used to be here 'back in the day', when nights and Sundays, pets were just on their own.

But as baby boomers grew up, bought dogs, we demanded vets who cared enough to be there for our pets and thankfully, they responded by having 24-hour answering services and then opened emergency vet clinics and hospitals. Vet are pet owners, too, and realize these little guys are treasured family members and the thought of one just having to go without care because there is no ER vet clinic or the vet isn't answering the telephone is just barbaric and cruel.

I'm so angry and upset for you. I hope and pray your healing from this grief will one day let you love another dog if you ever find a vet who won't leave you in the lurch in this new day and time when pets are too highly valued by society to be left to die without any one around to take care of them! Please accept my heartfelt condolences and the virtual hugs and kisses Tibbe and I send you!!! xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!