View Single Post
Old 06-08-2017, 01:49 PM   #15
whiteyorkie
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsiddell View Post
I adopted a Maltese from a puppy mill about 9 weeks ago. Of course she had been starved, fur was in terrible shape, almost no teeth and has been a real challenge to even get her to try to assimilate into our pack but slowly she is getting there. I believe that most of her physical problems are nutritious in nature so I started making her a blend of her own. I had some Rachel Ray limited ingredient hard food so I take about a 1/8th cup of dry, put a little unsalted chicken broth to soften it, (I make ground turkey/mixed grains that consist of quinoa, red rice, wild rice and brown rice. I pulverize mixed veggies and put about 1/4c unsalted chicken broth. I add 3 fish oil capsules for the omegas) 1/8c my mix, a teaspoon of pumpkin and 1/8c of rehydrated raw mix. I feed her this twice a day with a probiotic. The results have been amazing. I have found that if I make my own mix and add the rest of this stuff even my other dogs, who are very picky eaters like it as well. Plus it is cheaper than most of the other dogs foods that are supposed to be at the top of the list. Good luck with that little baby. I've been a Yorkie mom for a long time but was really pulled to adopt from a puppy mill. They are throw away dogs that deserve a loving home. Annie is 7 and I pray she has many years left and I am trying to make those years happy and loving. She spent almost 7 years in a wire cage and never knew the touch of a loving hand but she's learning.

My maltese are 8 now. The boy is the greatest lap dog.
He's 9 pounds of love.

I got him from a rescue, but the girl was bought from a breeder.
I normally don't do that, but we wanted to save her.

The boy was raised by my late yorkie, so he is the white yorkie.
whiteyorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!