View Single Post
Old 03-14-2006, 03:04 PM   #12
shyorkies
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkieRose
I think was I am visualizing is a fat mommy one day, pups moving around and then next they are all gone, no signs of any litter.....but all of you say there were reminents of pups left..that makes sense..just never had it happen. If the xray saw 4, four were born, never 3..sure had the xray say 3 and got 4!
I have had a bitch look bigger at 5 or 6 weeks then 8 weeks...but no infection or blobs resulted..so if the pup/pups reabsorbed they caused no trouble..that is what I am saying...we have never seen evidence of a reabsorbed puppy left behind.

When Tequi absorbed her litter 2 1/2 weeks before her due date it was just like that! The evening before she was huge the next morning she was definitely not pregnant anymore and she did have a red discharge.. when I got her to my vet and he did an ultrasound on her all the puppies were gone! The early morning that this happened I wake up to Tequi almost crying in the night.. I rushed into her and she was already having a red discharge and the pups were gone.. She also was given an antibotic injection and a prescription of Clavamox..
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!