View Single Post
Old 06-06-2017, 12:54 PM   #15
Lovetodream88
Yorkie mom of 4
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackidevaney View Post
I talked to our Vet about treatment for Gabi's allergies and of course illuminating the allergen is the foremost step, but like your little guy, Gabi is allergic to dust mites. I talked to him about treatment and told him that I didn't want any steroids or anything that suppressed the immune system. (That can cause a whole lot of other "problems".) The allergy shots "work" with the immune system. They are designed to make your dog immune to the specific allergens that are introduced into the shots. We are game to give it a try and see if it will work. Like your pup, Gabi chews her feet and legs, back side, etc. Hasn't damaged her skin from that though, but certainly has from the scratching!
I am doing the human version of the allergy shots. They give you small doses of the allergen hoping to eventually make you non reactive but its a long process and you have to treat the allergies with medicine in the mean time while you are boosting the immune system. You should be using something like apoquil. I imagine she is on a prescription diets since she has food allergies too?
Lovetodream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!