Thread: My Sweet Kairo
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2017, 12:59 AM   #8
JennaPenny
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shira08 View Post
I recently graduated college and moved 4 hours from home and couldn't bring my dog with me initially. So I left him with my mom to keep until I got settled in my apartment, long story short I got my apartment keys yesterday and was going to get my dog later in the month. Last night my mom calls me crying saying Kairo ran out the door and was hit by a car and died. I feel insanely guilty because I left him there with her and now he's gone. Not to go too much into my personal life but my mom is a recovering addict and lives alone she is pretty attached to Kairo (treats him like a baby) so I figured having someone to look after would keep her on the straight and arrow plus he would be taken care of. I know it wasn't intentional and she's pretty shooken up by the incident but I can't help but blame her bc I told her he runs out the door put him up in his cage before you ever open the door if he isn't on his leash. I feel the incident could've been avoided and now my dog had to pay for others carelessness. This is my first time loosing a pet so tragically how do I cope with the guilt and anger.
I am.. so damn sorry. My Mom was an addict- she's deceased now. I don't know what I would do in your shoes. Please.. don't feel guilty. I mean, you knew she was an addict, but that's the extent of anything. I KNOW you wouldn't have left your baby had you thought he was in danger. My girl is also a runner. I allowed my husband just once to tell me how "fine" it was and how everything was okay. She ran out, and I haven't allowed him to put her down since. You didn't get that chance, so, please, don't feel guilty.
JennaPenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!