View Single Post
Old 06-01-2017, 06:22 AM   #5
BayleighL
YT Addict

Default Moistened, warmed kibble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy's Mom View Post
My little Gabby is 8 yrs old. She was doing fine on her kibble - Eukanuba for small breed-puppy--she has eaten that since before I got her from her breeder. My problem-she has lost teeth, so to make it easier for her, I tried soft food- Ceaser...which she loves but she has trouble with her bowels now-looser and the "gel" in the food comes out making a mess too. I've tried removing the gel before giving it to her, and mixing it with her kibble ground up. Still the same problem. A couple days ago I only gave her the whole kibble in her dish/ and ground up too was attempted and she didn't eat that day until I gave in at night and gave her the wet/dry mix. Now this morning I had another mess to clean up and I can hear her belly growling. I'd love advice as to what I can give her?
A person we know had a dog who had issues with hard kibble, so he would wet it a little bit and warm it in the microwave just until the water was absorbed into the kibble (careful not to create too hot). His dog liked the warm, soft kibble and made quick work of it. Left over kibble, if any, was discarded as it became less appealing when cold.
BayleighL is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!