View Single Post
Old 05-29-2017, 06:11 PM   #61
Lovetodream88
Yorkie mom of 4
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingNimbus View Post
Our vet said recently that he preferred mixed dogs because their gene pool is wider or something and less likely to be ill if done properly, and carefully.

I am not sure where I stand, but I don't think I care so much with the dog I have, she is who she is.

She will always be my special little girl. What she is now, isn't because of what her mix is-- she is who she is because of what she has been through (or so I realized).

Still, on that note, I wouldn't personally want anything with pit bull in it. Just because of a fear of them. I don't hate them or resent them in anyway, just grown rather fearful and weary of them.

On the other hand, the other week at the vet we saw the neopolitan mastiff and was awed by it.
People who breed mixes don't generally do any testing or anything. Mixed breed dogs could be prone to more health issues because you have the chance of getting the health issues from one breed and then the health issues from the other breed. Breeding purposely what is already filling up our shelters is just so irresponsible. My vet shows frenchies.
Lovetodream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!