View Single Post
Old 05-28-2017, 11:16 AM   #574
yorkietalkjilly
♥ Love My Tibbe! ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyjane View Post
I had surgery two weeks ago tomorrow...hopefully the final surgery! This one wasn't too, too bad.
Thank you for thinking of me and for the prayers for sure!!!
Hope you are doing well, Jeanie !
Oh lord, Linda, I hope it's your final surgery. But it sounds at least as though your are handling this far better than most would. Your texts sound so normal and I don't think I've even seen your mention the word 'fear'. I think I'd be spending most days in the corner the half-bath off the master bedroom, the most remote part of my house, sucking my thumb or starring at nothing. You are forging ahead and are able to sound so positive, even though you may be shaking inside. Awesome lady.

My hip is pretty degraded and can barely walk, even with a cane or walker, as doc told me I'd need a new one ASAP the December B4 breast CA, in Feb., 2014, was it? Then, wasn't it that next June had colon CA surgery, surgeon said needed a one year clear colonoscopy B4 he's op. and I waited, hoping Danny could get back B4 scheduling and then had the stroke last fall so the hip's had to go unfixed way past its time. I've been unable to do much but get myself to the doctor and very rarely the grocery store until I have a new hip. Now ortho surgeon says wait until get a negative report from this June's colonoscopy and see my neurologist and cardiologist B4 returning to schedule hip replacement so I have been unable to get out and get you a great card or something else a little special. But I will! Kinda thought I'd wait a bit and surprise you with something - had no idea it would be this long a wait.

I'll never forget that card you sent me after my lumpectomy - it meant the world to me. I was so scared during that time, alone, as Danny was working in Florida, and I don't know, your unexpected card really touched me. Said a lot about you that you took the time to pick out and send me a card! I haven't forgotten that, just wanted to pick you out a fancy card or gift - something special in person to send, so looks like I might have to just shop online as my time in the grocery store is SO totally short and unfun I never make it to the gift or pharmacy section, but get my fresh foods, get home and off the hip, pack it w/icebags ASAP.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!