View Single Post
Old 05-25-2017, 08:06 PM   #5
Doodlebug
♥Love My Puppies!♥
Donating Member

I adopted two 8 month old Yorkie mixes who were afraid of us and jumped when we even touched them. They both learned "Come" before they even knew their names. When ever they would come running to me (even though they were scared to be petted or picked up, they would always run to me and touch the back of my hand with their noses) I would say the word "Come". They knew instantly that come meant to run to me. I never even used treats.

If they are in a barking frenzy with the dogs next door they will still come running but occasionally I need to use the clicker to get their attention. Then they come running because they know they will get a treat. I don't know if other dogs will respond like mine did but you can try it.

Now "sit" Is another story. They stand up and beg for a treat but won't sit. I've tried everything. If you reach behind them to show them that their little bottoms are supposed to hit the ground, they get scared and run away.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!