View Single Post
Old 05-24-2017, 07:47 AM   #3
Oxbo Rene
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Tx Yu for your words.
We are 76 yrs and 69 yrs old and have always been adamant about our enjoyment of smoking. To be able to sit down and have a relaxing smoke, it's just what we've always done.
I wouldn't say that we've learned a valuable lesson, on the contrary we've learned a terrible lesson. I saw it coming and often mentioned it to the wife, but neither one of us ever considered giving up our beloved custom of smoking.
It's a terrible thing, I have sworn to never have another dog after witnessing this happening to our little one, but the wife says she wants another, says we'll just have to take our smoking out on the back porch. I'm afraid we just arn't going to give up the habit, come h*ll or high water, we're stuck with the habit. It's a habit we enjoy, like a baby's passifier, it is something that keeps us occupied and nerves settled etc, etc. I know myself, if I wern't smoking, I'd be eating (something to replace the smoking) and I certainly don't want that.
We both realize what our future holds for our health but we seem to be of good health at this time etc, etc, etc. We have known and met people that had quit smoking 20 yrs earlier only to wind up in the same condition as if they had not quit = Emphazema, Oxygen hoses in their noses etc, etc .....

So, we decided to just keep on smoking anyway = going to die one way or other, might as well be happy with our sin.
The headstone I ordered for our little dog will be arriving today, and I'll place it with her where we will always remember .....

Tx Yu again for your words ..
Oxbo Rene is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!