Thread: Heart Murmur
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2006, 12:03 PM   #1
yorky4ME
Donating Yorkie Yakker

Love Heart Murmur

Hello everybody. I have never had a pup with a heart murmur. And I just raised a litter and they are 11 weeks old .... One girl went to a loving family who had a deposit from birth..... been waiting for her for months.... comes to my house for playdates.... just a great family. My pups all get first shots at 7 weeks and then another at 10 weeks and all were checked out by my vet who said 'no heart murmur'. So they just came back from their vet and said their vet said she had a heart murmur????? But their vet said it's nothing to worry about.... and she might grow out of it. So when she e-mailed me.... she didn't seem too concern cause the vet told her it was a little one!!!! WHat? Isn't a heart murmur a hole in the heart? It's a serious thing, isn't it???? Could my vet have missed it TWICE? Or do you think her vet might have made a mistake. I told her to keep me updated and I didn't want to panick her cause she was so carefree about it but I'm soooo worried now. Is it or isn't it? My first yorkie I ever had was a LS baby and I know it was the worst 2 years of my life cause I was soooo attached to her. I don't want anybody else to go through what I went through.
Are murmurs passed on by the parents? Is there procedures to cure it? I might be working myself into nothing but I wanna know from other breeders out there that have dealt with heart murmur.
yorky4ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!