View Single Post
Old 05-23-2017, 04:50 PM   #8
yorkietalkjilly
♥ Love My Tibbe! ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy1 View Post
Well, the Vet did an extensive examination.
Finding was....conjunctivitis with swelling of the eyeball and redness in the lids.
She could tell that the eye was bulging a little so she also tested her pressure which was fine and in the normal range. She also feels that Lily does have a lazy eye but she said once swelling goes down, the eye may straighten out more. But.....still could have the lazy eye!! She is on steroid eye drops and will go back for a follow up in one week. Still worried but it could have been a lot worse. Thank you all for your concern!
Could you tell me if there are threads on lazy eye? I have totally forgotten how to look things up
So glad you got her checked out and treatment started. Hope that when the swelling subsides the eye resumes its full workload.

Lazy eye in humans does cause double vision and blurring of vision most of the time although with effort and strain I can focus the visual mess away but it takes effort and concentration and hurts beside my eye when I do. It sure plays havoc with certain situations so watch out for maybe some odd reactions to oncoming objects, things you hand him or flashing lights or light reflections off things in wet weather, etc. Sometimes my lazy right eye sees a 3/4, offset, angled overlay of what my left eye sees normally, creating an odd, very distracting visual, creating uncertainty in what I'm seeing.

If dogs have anything like that, your little one might be a little anxious, seem confused, tense or have some behavior problems until both visual fields match again. I imagine she is confused if her vision is newly affected. But maybe dogs don't have the same visual problems with lazy eye as we do so you may notice no change in behavior.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!