Thread: Schutzhund
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2017, 02:28 PM   #30
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetodream88 View Post
I have heard of many people training their pit for fighting by having them hang/hold onto an item that is tied to a rope in like a tree. Hanging on to anything by your mouth and holding all your weight just seems bad for teeth and jaws. I would love to hear what vets have to say about it. I'm not saying the pit fighters pay for classes they just do it on their own and not as a sport as a training method. We have the pole with the rope and toy and Joey loves it but we don't pull it that hard and don't hang him from it. They had one at bff and Joey just loves it.
Oh yeah there are definitely those idiots that do that and have NO idea what they are really doing but Schutzhund isn't really about that so much. It's more for those who want their dogs in personal protection which not many dogs are actually qualified to do... it's a pretty serious sport though not something your average joe can just do every other weekend or something (like agility for example).

Like said above, Yorkies are already so fearless, I wouldn't want them getting hurt or killed trying to protect me. I want to protect them ya know? So yeah I would say for most Yorkies, it's not the best sport! haha
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!