Thread: Itching dog!
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2017, 07:37 AM   #12
JennaPenny
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackidevaney View Post
Have any of you seen this video? An owner of a pet store here in Wenatchee told me about Karen Becker. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1j4ZGfAJ2Jk
Also the breeder where we got Gabi has a link to the following site, which I find very informative. What's So Risky About Puppy Shots?

I, seriously, am thinking that this is what happened to Gabi. At any rate, this is the first dog/pet that we have ever had that has had this problem. And it is very disconcerting! I am a person who believes in doing things in the more "natural" preventative way, rather than treating the "symptoms" after the damage is done. I don't know if some breeds are more prone to having problems but we have had 2 other Yorkies who haven't had this problem. :-(

You won't find an argument from me with that at all. My son was allergic to his shots- allergic- and he went from a super bright and talkative almost 3 year old, thanks to my yanking permission for boosters, to losing everything when caught up. Doctor talked husband into it while I was out of town, and the same thing happened, grand mal seizures, (always after a booster, never any other time) a few days where he was out of it, and he just never recovered... so, since our digestive systems are the same, I have no doubt that this isn't an issue, and it's a controversial opinion. I am the minority with this. I had a full on panic attack when chewie's first vet gave her rabies and a booster on the same day, so... you'll find I'm with you.

However, there are top notch breeders on this board who I'll bet have no allergies in their lines. The problem is the monsters who take an already toy breed and breed them down, or do it for money and breed dogs they have no business breeding. This is what I think is the issue with yorkies and other toy breeds, not so much the shots.
JennaPenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!