View Single Post
Old 05-21-2017, 05:59 AM   #2
JennaPenny
YT 500 Club Member

What kind of a personality does your little one have? Laid back? While chewie plays and is playful, she's also happy watching birds, animals, and people on her indoor dog house, and also loves watching Youtube on our television with us. Prefers to do that even more than her beloved ball.

However, she has her quirks. My gal cannot play with bones. She can't eat them or play with them. They are too high value and she'll spend her time doing this bird twitter noise. She also does that with any plush toy that I PERSONALLY give to her. Right now it's a stuffed owl I brought back from a trip. If I can't hold it for her to love on, it's immediately in her mouth and she'll run around twittering. Even if I hold her bones, she'll take them out of my hands and run around frantically. I have to put them under her bed, or her pillows, or her blankets- and she'll take them out and persuade me to do it over again. I've given up and she now has lamb ears and treats that aren't bone shaped, squeaky plushes, Her bacon tug of war toys, and balls.

Is your little one displaying any signs of a nervous disorder or depression? If he/she is just laid back and happy cuddling or being chill, I wouldn't worry about it. I read up on anxiety since Chewie was so very high strung (and still has her moments.) I had to change some things around, and cluck around my loud family to lower their voices, which helped her out a ton. She spent the first 3 weeks staying in the living room, so we simply adjusted to add her personality to the mix. She was playing in earnest right after the changes were made.

Chewie has only done the "zoomies" after bath time twice in her life- and I can only count on one hand she's done zoomies (instead of her signature chewie howl) when she's happy to see us.

I have a video of what she usually does after her bath, complete with jaws music. She'll stick her butt, ears and tail straight up, tuck her front legs and paws under, and keep her chin and tummy firmly against the carpet. Then she'll propel herself around the living room like that- every so often rubbing her ears on our feet, legs, shoes, or the throw rug. I mention this, especially, because most dogs- especially yorkies I'm seeing- do. She doesn't. So, while I mention GAD and depression, I'd be surprised if you answered yes. These guys are VERY, VERY, opinionated, that's for sure. They have strong likes and dislikes, and aren't afraid to "voice" it, either. one last question, how old was your little baby when adopted? Was there time to learn how to play?

I hope someone has something definitive for you and some experience with this. I came on here that first month asking your very question and I was told she would... and she did. I'm sorry I couldn't do more than give examples and ask more questions.
JennaPenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!