Thread: Schutzhund
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2017, 01:17 PM   #17
yorkietalkjilly
♥ Love My Tibbe! ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by canana View Post
Wow Jilly is one tough cookie!! I was actually afraid to ask if she survived, but I'm SO glad to hear she did!!! Otherwise, it'd be too tragic. But the pain and suffering she went through. My goodness. And good on her (and you) for not having any post-traumatic fear. That's so hard to come by.

Ohh.. I recall on another post that you commented on the big black umbrella. Now I know why.

Scottie and Casie senses other dogs a mile away (sadly for me, they are very fearful of other dogs, bark non-stop at them, and I live in a super dog-dense neighborhood). In fact, Scottie is paranoid and constantly looking behind to see if anyone's there. Sometimes he gets me paranoid too - I turn around an no one is there! lol
Sorry, I forgot to add that little Jilly survived that attack to live another 6 years or so! Dogs - she endured wound care x3 daily and rehab exercises and was on pain medication the first few post-op days as a real stoic, as most dogs are. After beating that dog off her, I spoke and prayed aloud soothingly as I could manage as I carried her home, even though I thought I could feel my heart thumping in my chest and eardrums(!) and by the time I got her in the house to swaddle her in a clean towel and get keys & car, she'd stopped seizing, regained her composure(!) while inside I was a total wreck, capital W! Plus, the vet gave pain medication as soon as he'd checked her out and gone over her medical history. I've read that the sooner adrenaline is reduced in the body after physical/psychological trauma, the better stress is dealt with short- and long-term. Wish I'd had some Valium or something that day to take for my runaway nerves! She dealt with the whole experience far, far, far better than I did.

Poor little Casie and Scottie! It's not really funny but their story made me want to grin for just a second seeing little Scottie looking back, checking out whatever might be lurking behind him, in my mind's eye!!! Scottie's NOT about to be snuck up on from behind! Sounds like both are anxious and hyper-vigilant on walks, poor little guys!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!