View Single Post
Old 05-18-2017, 10:25 AM   #5
pstinard
YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstinard View Post
Just in case people have trouble accessing the PDF document I linked to above from the New Zealand government promoting their pet food industry and meat exports, I've attached screen shots of three of their more cynical pages. Note the third one, which describes promoting the "Prey Model" diet in order to boost their meat exports. I suppose that all governments and companies do this, but to claim that it is for the "health of the dog" is hogwash.
Not to beat a dead horse, but the caption to the third image was created by the New Zealand government, not by me. It reads: "New Zealand companies are well positioned in and pushing the "Prey Diet," the replicating a wild animals natural diet." Not only is that cynical (that the New Zealand companies are "pushing" a particular diet in order to increase meat exports), but it contains two typographical errors. I am not making this up. Oh, not to mention the first image I posted above, which also pushes the prey model by telling people to "visual their dog chasing a lamb," "visualize their dog chasing a deer," and tell consumers that rabbits and possums are "natural prey" in order to help with New Zealand's pest problems. How many Yorkies do you know who chase down lambs and deer to eat? Cynical, cynical, cynical.

In conclusion, I trust peer-reviewed research articles, not press releases issued by quasi-governmental industry representatives who are collaborating to dump their excess meat and pest animal exports on an unwitting public.
pstinard is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!