Thread: Fish Smell
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2017, 07:36 PM   #14
JenniferRBG
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aweitzm1 View Post
I give Bella and Thumper Salmon Oil in their food. Right now I am using Yummy Chummy Salmon Oil. However, it makes their breath stink. Does anyone have any suggestions of brands that does not have the fish smell.

Bella loves to give kisses but I turn her away because the smell is so bad.
I read another thread on this subject and one of the ladies said to give flax seed oil instead of fish oil. Has the same benefits and none of the fishy smell. After I read that I googled what the recommended dosage was for small dogs. The web site that I read said that small dogs should have 1/4 to 1/2 tsp poured over their food daily. I like this plan for a few reasons. The first reason is that I actually HAVE some cold pressed flax seed oil in my fridge as we speak. Secondly, I don't want my dog to smell like a gold fish's liver! And thirdly, I know how wonderful flax seed oil is! It is attributed to fighting and curing people and animals of cancer (Google "The Budwig Diet") so it won't take much to convince me that it is good for my dog. I hope this is helpful. Jennifer

P.S. Use only COLD PRESSED Flax Seed oil and if you add actual flax seeds in your dogs food grind it just before you use it or it loses it's benefits. After the seeds are broken their shelf life is something like 15 minutes!
JenniferRBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!