Thread: Crate Woes
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2017, 07:35 PM   #3
Kathylouise
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetodream88 View Post
Are you putting him in for bed? Is the crate where he can see you in your bed? I only really use the crate at night with the pups. I would get them ready for bed take them potty and put them in their crate and ignore them until they fell asleep. If they woke up and were crying I would take them potty and then put them right back in. It normally takes a week or two for them to get used to it. What worked with my little boy when he was much younger was a snuggle pup that has a heart beat. They sell something like it at petsmart. It's hard at the begaining.
I've had Morris for a month, since he was 12 weeks. Yes, I only use the crate at night. Like you, I've checked for potty needs, but tonight, I knew he had just gone.

I have a senior cat (20 yrs), I've given her the upstairs and Morris and I have been sleeping in the living room. He is about 10 feet away. I spent the 1st 3 weeks with the crate uncovered, close enough to touch, and moved him a week ago (only 5 feet) and started using a crate cover. He is so reactive to any noise, and I wanted to be able to move around after he went to sleep.

Thing is.. I have not been as consistent the last two nights and when he kept crying last night, I took him out because I have apartment shared walls and was worried. However, he has never spent the entire night out of the crate.

He finally fell asleep after almost an hour. I didn't take him out. Worried though that the crate now has BAD MOJO in his view. Negative association.

Thank you soooooo very much for helping. I was about to cry. haha No, really, I was just as upset as he, but I didn't show it. Guess that's something.
Kathylouise is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!