Thread: New yorkie mom
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2017, 04:49 PM   #3
matese
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Welcome to YT and thank you for adopting. Do not give Luna run of the house, confine her to a small area, like kitchen only. Keep her pee pad in one place, food and water to. If you have a crate put that in your bedroom for her to sleep in next to your bed. Do not have her sleep on your bed until she is pad trained. You are correct in not taking her out doors until she has had all her vaccines, wait two weeks after her last shot before taking her out, this gives the vaccine time to get into pups system to fully protect her. I guess I don't have to tell you to baby / puppy proof you home. Where you choose to confine her make sure there is nothing she can damage or get hurt by. If this is not possible a xpen or iris pen is perfect for confining pup to a small area. Cat food is not good for dogs, get her a good quality dog kibble if she eats dry food or good quality can food. I suggest doing a slow transition from cat to dog food so as to not upset her stomach which can cause her diarrhea. When potty training her give treats and lots of excited praise when she gets it right, most dogs love cheerios, you can give one cheerio as a treat reward. As you already know lots of patience and consistency is needed. Yorkies are very smart babies, she will get it, but it will take time.

Last edited by matese; 05-13-2017 at 04:50 PM.
matese is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!