View Single Post
Old 05-13-2017, 05:00 AM   #3
ladyjane
Resident Yorkie Nut Donating YT 20K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstinard View Post
From what I've read, dietary management of PLN is tailored very specifically to the individual dog, so your best bet is to tell the vet what is happening. There are things you can do to encourage your dog to eat the prescription food. I've attached a table from an article specifically about PLN with suggestions about how to get a dog to eat their food. Several of the suggestions are things that you can try on your own (hand feeding, changing the temperature of the food, changing the location where you feed the dog). However, anything involving a change in medication or adding something to the food to improve it's flavor will require approval from your vet.

Another option is home cooking, but again, it would have to be in direct consultation with a veterinary nutritionist to make sure that the protein and nutrient balance is correct for your specific dog.

I have a pup with PLN and she is also very picky. She will eat Purina NF .. if you haven't tried it ask your vet about it.

Vet nutritionists are great...but usually you have to do a tele consult since there are not a lot of them. I have used a couple in the past. If you want information on how to find one, let me know.

You can also look at these websites regarding diets:

www.balanceit.com

www.petdiets.com
ladyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!