View Single Post
Old 05-11-2017, 02:32 AM   #13
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsiddell View Post
This is a really common problem with small dogs and all but one of mine has had it. I have a 13 year old girl that has it in both knees. We call her JW (John Wayne). She is too old for the surgery so I just carry her everywhere most of the time. When we do go on walks she insists on walking but will have to take breaks so I carry her but she does pretty well and doesn't seem to be in much pain. It's just painful to watch.
To me, the way you're describing this - she actually is in pain. Are you giving her a regimen to help w/ her knees and with the pain...? I hope so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNutt View Post
Ripley my sweet yorkie had surgery yesterday, was home by 5pm. Since then she is having a really hard time going to the bathroom. When you brought your Yorkie home how often did he/she go in those first 2 days?
Surgery can reallllly slow down the GI in a huge way. They go to the bathroom very, very little those first couple/few days - and then things start moving again. Is she having trouble going #1 or #2 or both...?

For our Wylie, who also had both knees done - I put a towel under his chest to support him and then would have him try to go potty.

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!