View Single Post
Old 04-22-2005, 10:43 PM   #3
Kate
YT 500 Club Member

Great point. Never thought about the air bags.

I know their necks are delicate, which is why I bought the harness, but I was just going to leave a collar on her when driving, and a harness just for walking.

I don't think I will take her in the car now, except for the vet. Our weather is also getting warm again, and that will be too much for her.

Many thanks.

Kate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itspuppyluv
I've never had problems with Gus eating so I'll leave that for someone with better ideas.
I have a car seat for Gus because he gets carsick but what is really important is having them in a harness and strapped to the seatbelt. What you are doing is fine as long as the leash is secure and not too long. Imagine slamming on your breaks, how far forward would she go?
The do sell straps designed to attach to harness and seatbelts. They also make car harnesses with extra padding for added safety. I got mine at Petsmart (I think it was $9.99). Hope that helps.

I'm a safety nut so I have to add if you have airbags you might want to make sure she is far enough back not to be hit by it or put her in the back seat.
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!