Thread: Smelly dog
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2017, 05:18 PM   #7
Debbiedeb514
Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoria32 View Post
Hi, I read your post on your baby boy. Could it possibly be leaking anal glands, a middle ear infection, crystals in his urine which will cause his urine to have a strong order. An infected glandular cysts? Check his body well for it If it gets on his coat it can smell. Or could it be something simple like he is rolling in feces. Some dogs will do this with bird or other animals feces? Is there something in your home that is leaking? Or do you have cats with a litter box. Just trying to help. Kind regards,

Victoria

I don't think it's any of those things. He goes to the groomer every few months so his anal glands get cleaned (and sure enough he smells a few days later). And when I took him to the vet they checked his ears. I don't see any cysts. He doesn't roll in and feces...he's strictly an indoor dog, and our only fur baby. The only thing I could think of is he constantly rolls and rubs himself on the carpet..which is pretty old. But even tho its old I have it steam cleaned every 4-6 months.
Another thing I am noticing more of lately is he always has gooey stuff in the corners of his eyes...not sure if the 2 issues are related.
Debbiedeb514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!