View Single Post
Old 05-03-2017, 08:29 PM   #1
Dayswalters
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Unhappy Mother's Day gift has parvo :(

I haven't bee on for a while since I've been teaching and going to school. Both of my little girls are wonderful but I was looking for a boy, I found one that was 4 weeks old and would be ready in 8 weeks. I was excited and planned to visit and put down a deposit next weekend. Sadly, my loving children knew a friend that had yorkie puppies that were 8 weeks old and got me one for Mother's Day. The plan was that he would stay with my daughter until Sunday and they would surprise me. Well...surprise...my daughter called and told me what they'd done but that the puppy was sick. I went and picked him up and took him to the vet immediately and he has parvo. on the up side we caught it early and his white blood count is still really good. The vet says we should know in the next 48 hours if he'll make it. He has his 5 in 1 vaccine at 6 weeks but I dont know if that helps at all. Right now it's a helpless wait and see, he is on IV fluids and was given some nutrical along with anti vomiting medication and antibiotics to prevent additional infection. Initial cost 717.00 but the emotional cost is higher. I praying he makes it. When the vet asked for a name, I said Toby. So please pray for Toby and provide advice. The family they bought him from says they will return the money my kids paid for him which will slightly help with the bills.
Dayswalters is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!