Thread: Titers
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2017, 08:58 AM   #10
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shicks View Post
So sorry for the confusion. Yes he had his 1 year booster & rabies. We are good one rabies for 3 years. Yes, I did read the article. I have the Dr. Dobbs in my file.
Still so confusing. I certainly don't want to over vaccinate. He is never put in doggie day care or bordered. The only time he's away is when he's groomed. We do visit our daughter in Fl. But no other dogs there.
I lost my best baby Titan @ 7 years old to GME. It could have been to vaccinations. Of course all the Vets say it couldn't have been proved.
Thank you so much for your information and if you have any opinions please respond.
Like you, my goal is to be an absolute minimalist with vaccines for my dogs. I never do bordetella/kennel cough. I only get the Core Vaccines, and then I'm done vaccinating for parvo/distemper once my dogs are around 7 yrs old.

The DOI for parv/dist is MUCH longer than the AAHA recommended 3 years on the vax schedule. Stating "3 years" was considered a compromise - a middle ground - as it relates to the *actual* DOI results, which were rated as 7yrs+...!!! So.....keep that in mind for sure!

You could certainly titer, but it won't tell you the actual info that you need to make a decision either way. That's why titers are really a waste, it's for that reason right there.

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!