Thread: Confused & hurt
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2017, 12:41 PM   #1
Mia Pearl
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Confused & hurt

Well my Mia is gone. She was only 4 years old. I brought her to the Vet on a Saturday because she vomited. She was examined and blood was taken. I got a call Sunday morning with her results. The doctor started the conversation off with telling me how surprised he was with the results. Immediately I had that feeling of dread come over me. She tested positive for Lyme Disease and was suffering from kidney failure. This was beyond anything I could imagine. There are so many details to this story - too many to write. A week later she was gone. The pain and hurt was unbearable. I did exactly what many say not to do. I got my little Rosie soon after. Although I continue to mourn my loss, I will say Rosie is a big comfort to me. She is doing everything but saying she loves me! It has only been a month since Mia and I still have my moments dwelling on all the 'what ifs'. However, I thank God I listened to my inner self as Rosie has been very easy to fall in love with!
Now for my confusion....do I get a little friend for Rosie?? As if now she is an only child. I have been reading all about Yorkies again and see so many positive reasons for getting a second one. I'm just wondering if it's a good idea or am I just trying to overcompensate for my loss. I will say my husband and I are both retired and have lots of time on our hands to devote to two little yorkies.
Mia Pearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!