View Single Post
Old 04-30-2017, 06:24 PM   #6
Packer1012
Yorkie Talker

Default My Yorkie and insects

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packer1012 View Post
Thank you for your support and response to all of you. I did end up giving him the Benadryl because he also had a tic and I needed to get it out. Since he is very uncooperative the Benadryl also makes him a bit drowsy so, I was able to take it out on his bare skin. Now since then he fully recovered woke up and ate all his kibble he was very hungry. Our next challenge is to take out the two tics he got yesterday/ both are located on his face around the cheek area and lots of hair. I'm at my wits end. He will not stay still for one second when I try parting his hair to get it out and starts biting me. I don't want to aggravate or excite him more than necessary but I know they are bothered him yesterday because he kept rubbing his face into the floor.
I don't know what to do at this point. I tried the Vaseline after my unsuccessful attempts all day yesterday and today
He's now ready for bed I'm just hoping tomorrow I can work it out of him. He goes to the vet Tuesday
I also put advantixII on him last Thursday which claim the tic would die within 48 hrs so hopefully by tomorrow the tic might be dead.
Thanks for listening I'll check back in the morning for any other suggestions
Thank you and Goodnight
PS he seems quite OK today very active and had a good appetite with only one one hour nap today.
Maybe the tic is dead hopefully
Packer1012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!