View Single Post
Old 04-29-2017, 05:05 AM   #13
matese
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingNimbus View Post
Well, it seems she was transported from some other shelter in NC which they(the NC shelter) found as a stray.

She came in a few days ago, and right as I "reserved" her people started to inquire about her a lot. So I am lucky on that. It's funny because after we paid the donation fee the lady got a few calls asking about her.

She's currently on some probably crappy diet provided by the store (petsmart) but I am hoping to change her to one of the Wellness brand bags.

We were given a can of wet food which we will use (because we do not waste) but will give her a spoon instead of the can, and serve it in that sort of portion as we all know that liquid stuff = liquid poop
You should keep her on what she was being feed for a week or so, just until she has adjusted to her new home,family, new routine. She is dealing with a lot of new changes now, what you don't want to do is cause her stomach issues. When you do transition her to the new food do it gradually over a period of 7 to 10 days. I like to do a slow transition to avoid upsetting my pups system which can cause diarrhea.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!